I've decided to do a quick and regular update as to what we're working on. If there's anything you can see a way to help with, get in touch!
So right now we're working on (in brief):
- Identify suitable schools for this year's programme (get in touch with us if you're interested!)
- Reworked course materials, including concept development for the Upwards games (we're partnering with an amazing musuem exhibit designer who makes interactive games!)
- Reports from both pilot programmes
- Create course content and learning objectives for a team-building course
- Test the market for the specific customers
- Identify and secure sources of funding for the schools we want to subsidise costs for - we need to close a funding gap of about $500 per young person for each course (10-12 young people per term-long course) so we're looking for sponsors.
- Talk to other community organisations who have funding and people already in place and would like to buy our course materials and run Upwards.
- See what's going on in Govt in this space (e.g. Health, MYD).
I believe that the best success for Upwards long-term will be providing awesome course materials which others in the community can pick up and run. Communities already know what they need - and they already usually have people in place, and existing relationships.